Filing for the 2012 Republican Primary has ended for all offices except precinct chair. The mission for Williamson County Republicans is simple: maintain all local elective offices, gain an additional seat on the 3rd Court of Appeals, generate a huge margin of victory to help our regional and statewide candidates, and help ensure President Obama serves only one term. Once again, Republicans will be offering the Citizens of Williamson County common sense conservatives with the skill, intellect, and experience to represent the citizens of our great county. Please take a few moments to visit the webpages of our candidates and get to know them better, and be sure to vote early from May 14 – 25 or on May 29th. If you have further questions, please contact Williamson County Republican Party Chairman Bill Fairbrother.
2012 Republican Primary Candidates
(Last Updated: 4/5/12)
|(i) – denotes incumbent||Underlined name denotes web page link|
- Michele Bachmann
- Charles “Buddy” Roemer
- Mitt Romney
- Jon Huntsman
- Newt Gingrich
- John Davis
- Ron Paul
- Rick Santorum
- Lela Pittenger
- Ted Cruz
- Ben Gambini
- Curt Cleaver
- “Doc Joe” Agris
- Tom Leppert
- Craig James
- David Dewhurst
- Glenn Addison
U.S. House, District 31
Railroad Commissioner (Unexpired Term)
Supreme Court, Place 2
- Steve Smith
- Don Willett (i)
Supreme Court Place 4
- Joe Pool, Jr.
- David Medina (i)
- John Devine
Supreme Court Place 6 – Nathan Hecht (i)
Court of Criminal Appeals, Presiding Judge - Sharon Keller (i)
Court of Criminal Appeals Place 7 - Barbara Hervey (i)
Court of Criminal Appeals Place 8 - Elsa Alcala (i)
State Board of Education, District 10
State Senator, District 5
State Representative District 20 - Marsha Farney
State Representative District 52 – Larry Gonzales (i)
State Representative District 136
3rd Court of Appeals, Place 2 - Jeff Rose (i)
3rd Court of Appeals, Place 3
3rd Court of Appeals, Place 5 - David Puryear (i)
3rd Court of Appeals, Place 6 - Bob Pemberton (i)
26th District Judge – Billy Ray Stubblefield (i)
395th District Judge – Mike Jergins (i)
425th District Judge
Pct. 1 Commissioner
Pct. 3 Commissioner
Pct. 1 Constable – Robert Chody (i)
Pct. 2 Constable – Richard Coffman (i)
Pct. 3 Constable
- Barry Simmons
- Bobby Gutierrez (i)
Pct. 4 Constable – Marty Ruble (i)
County Chairman – Bill Fairbrother (i)
1. SCHOOL CHOICE: The state should fund education by allowing dollars to follow the child instead of the bureaucracy, through a program which allows parents the freedom to choose their child’s school, public or private, while also saving significant taxpayer dollars. Yes or No.
2. REPEALING OBAMACARE: Congress should immediately repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Obamacare) and reject the rationing of healthcare by government or the intrusion by government into the doctor – patient relationship. Yes or No.
3. PUBLIC PRAYER: Government should be prohibited from restricting the content of public prayer. Yes or No.
4. BALANCED BUDGET / CONTROLLING GOVERNMENT GROWTH: Out of control spending should be stopped at all levels of federal and state government through constitutional amendments limiting any increase in government spending to the combined increase of population and inflation, requiring voter approval. Yes or No.
5. REDRISTICTING: The Texas Legislature should redraw the court-imposed lines for Congress and State legislative districts in its upcoming session in order to remedy inequities. Yes or No.
Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy and completeness, some errors may be present. Please contact Williamson County Republican Party Chairman Bill Fairbrother to add/remove/change a name, link, or entry, or for additional information. The filing period for elective office closed on March 9 for all offices except precinct chair. All candidates listed have filed for office with the appropriate authority, and been approved for inclusion on the 2012 Primary ballot. The content of individual candidates’ web sites are not controlled by the WCRP, and we are not responsible for their content.
The names are in the order they will appear on the 2012 Williamson County Republican Primary Ballot. We will provide links to sample ballots as soon as they are available.